Online therapy has been proven to be as effective as in-person therapy. However, you should contact your therapist or health care provider first to determine if online therapy is right for you. Here are some benefits or advantages of online therapy or teletherapy:
- Easier access: Clients who live in remote areas or who have limited mobility or limited access to transportation may be more motivated to participate in online therapy.
- Reduced cost: Online therapy eliminates the costs associated with travel time and gas.
- More consistent therapy: Online therapy decreases absences due to poor weather conditions or sickness, allowing clients to participate in therapy on a regular basis.
- More intense therapy: Online therapy can be scheduled more frequently, as clients do not have to commute long distances.
- Increased progress: Since online therapy provides more intense therapy, it can accelerate progress.
- Better access to specialists: Online therapy can allow individuals in remote areas to get help from specialists who may not be available in their geographic location.
- Psychological comfort: Online therapy can help with eliminating the social stigma related to receiving mental counseling or other therapy.
- Flexibility: Clients have access to more specialists and can select the specialists who can work with their schedules.